Friday, December 21, 2007

Data transfer tool

The tool is coming along, working with our content queen to setup an interface that will be easy for her to use.
I've ditched the ajax idea, in favor of a simple "checkbox" system. I've also thrown out the idea that I should move _all_ the data associated with each title at that moment. Instead I'm opting for just moving the title/product data. After all the titles are moved, I'll write another script which goes through the title data, and copies awards, talent, characters, images, collections, franchise and anything else left in the old structure.

As each title is moved, I'm marking it in the original table as is_moved, or is_removed based on if they wanted to move it, or throw it out altogether (mistakes that weren't deleted in the past).

We will see how it goes, but I'm fairly confident it will work. We have some new stuff going up on Stargate, something from the third party vendor. It's cute.. but not great. Luckily I'm OFF.. until the 2nd.. so I probably won't get time to post, as I'll be drinking heavily with my mate who's staying with me from Austin (oh and playing video games of course).

Woot! BFN

No comments: