Wednesday, May 20, 2009

How many people on a set?

It is a constant surprise for me when I see a shot of a scene from a different angle, and there are TONS of people standing around. Often scenes which can seem quite intimate, personal, aren't really. Actors must have to work hard to not be distracted by the dozens of people it takes to shoot a scene.

Today I'll be recording voice overs for some promo video's for the Stargate site. I'm sort of excited and nervous at the same time. I have a very distinct accent, which has become a sort of mishmash between Australian and American. The worst part is I can now hear my own accent if I concentrate on what I'm saying, then it puts me off and I stumble around some words. Apparently after my read through's I am told I need to sound "more excited". The saddest part of that is that I was TRYING to sound excited! HAHA.. Oh well, I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh.. an image to show all the other people on the set, and I'm sorry I promise I'm still looking for that other image I promised!



BFN

6 comments:

Lily said...

Thanks for that great pic of BTS Tabula Rasa (at least I'm pretty sure it's from TR).
Good luck with the recordings!

Lily said...

I swear I hadn't noticed the 406 in the name of the pic before posting my comment about TR. *facepalm*

Anonymous said...

I'm always amazed that the actors are able to block out all those people, it takes a special kind of talent to pretend they are not here.

Anonymous said...

Actors must have to work hard to not be distracted by the dozens of people it takes to shoot a scene.I don't know how they do that, but it's amazing they manage it!!

I'm sorry I promise I'm still looking for that other image I promised!Are you talking about the image for "Spoils of war"?
If yes, then don't apologise, it's okay if you don't have one!

And thanks for those two pics! :p

Elyse said...

I love seeing photos like this, just to see how much work goes into shows. I've seen filming on TV sets before, and I don't think I could have the concentration ("look, squirrel!") that actors do ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photo, I love the behind the scenes ones!