Tuesday, June 12, 2007

PHP Editors, random snippet

I've been searching high and low for reviews and trials of as many applications there are out there for writing PHP. I found some promising ones, but nothing has leapt out at me yet.
Currently I use HomeSite. More simply because it's what I used 10 years ago, than any other reason. Now I think I'd like to try an IDE.

Here are the apps I'm reviewing:
  1. Programmers Notepad 2
  2. Zend Studio
  3. EnginSite
  4. PHP Coder
I'll post my reviews once they are completed.

Code snippet for email address validation:
function is_email_valid($email) {
if(eregi("^[a-z0-9\._-]+@+[a-z0-9\._-]+\.+[a-z]{2,3}$",
$email)) return TRUE;
else return FALSE;
}
BFN!

2 comments:

Briano said...

I'm still using Homesite. I love it.

Unknown said...

Usually about half way through my day I realise I'm using homesite again, and switch to a new one. It's rough.. but I'm determined to try and find something better!