Friday, April 24, 2009

Zelenka is Adrift

I don't know why, but I just love them in their space suits! It looks very uncomfortable, but the thought of just those shiny white suits being the only thing between you and the vacuum is fascinating.

Zelenka appears to enjoy it, uncomfortable or not! Shep.. not so much.



Now onto the truly fascinating stuff: folder permissions. Been having the toughest time getting a small component to work. The hardest part is that the error is intermittent. I seem to fix it, and everything works fine, then a couple hours later I try it again, and it's broken without me touching it! I think I'm going to have to trace the error line by line, to try and work out which particular line it fails on. Drat!

Importing a list of "Other Characters" at the moment. Having a tough time deciding if a character is important enough to be added to it's own Character page, or be relegated to "other".

A comment from my other (99% non stargate) blog:
I have a question.
What is Kino?
I googled it, and didn't get a satisfactory answer.
Thank you!
Morjana
That is indeed a very good question. My answer: I'm not entirely sure. Here is how I understand it (although I may be wrong, since it's partially based on assumptions). Kino is another character... that's about all I can guess. I've heard it described as a small object which can go where it pleases, and looks at things from different angles. I know vague right? I'll be sure to keep you updated as we learn more!
* Species - Genomes? Extraterrestrial Life Forms? ETs?
* Places - Loci? Habitats?
* Weapons - Technology? Kinetic Energy Devices?
* Transport - Conveyance?
* Home Entertainment - Video Mission Logs? Video Archives?
I think we decided on for categories:
Beings - Asgard, Goa'uld, Wraith, Genii
Places - Pegasus Galaxy, M7G-677,
Items - Staff Weapon, Ronon's Gun, DHD, Life signs detector
Transports - SGC Gate, Puddle Jumper, Wraith Hive Ship
Other Characters - Merlin, Captain Alicia Vega, Thor

Home Entertainment stuff is going to live someplace else, these categories are going to be mostly Lexicon type information, which can be tagged to other pieces of information, episodes, and characters.

BFN

1 comment:

elyse said...

Ohmygawd, that picture of David Nykl is soooo adorkable, and there is Joe Flanigan, looking forlorn. No New York Times! ;)