Monday, October 29, 2007

Google Adsense now up on Stargate!

It's barely 10.30am Monday morning, and I have already achieved so much!

I ate a delicious bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich (gave half to my boss.. better for my butt) followed by received the "you're approved" email from google.

Since I'd run through setting up google ads (I test all such fun things by adding them to my own sites, you'll notice google ads further down the side on this blog for example) it was pretty simple to zoom through, and setup the code.

We already had an interim ad running in a leaderboard space on Stargate, so in it went!

Imagine our surprise, when the first ad to appear was for an RPG game.. really?? RPG.. that's all they have related to Stargate? Second ad we got was.. Queer as Folk jewelry?!?! Wow.. finally the third refresh yielded an ad for Angel. Finally a TV show in the Scifi genre. After that the ads were ringtones, more RPG, more Queer as Folk jewelry. I hope once people realise we are advertising on the site, they will bid for space on it. That would be neat!

This morning I checked into our Amazon Associated account, and was pleased as punch to see we'd made money over the weekend!

I'd say that's a success, and nothing broke, so I'm glad we went live on a Friday afternoon after all.

Traffic was soso this morning, I was late to pick up James, but nothing dramatic. Ran two miles again this morning, faster again, with my shiny new running shoes (My last pair developed holes).

BFN

2 comments:

John said...

2 miles? Good job Jeni!

I keep a calendar of when I work out, and it's dismal. I haven't been running in a month, and the last time before that was April. :(

Unknown said...

Yeah! I run 2 miles, or 5k (depending on how late I get up) 4 or 5 days a week. Been doing that for quite a few months now :D Wore out my old shoes!