Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Beowulf and Error Handling

For starters I need to rave about the movie. Brian was able to snafu some tickets to the premiere of the movie Beowulf last night in Westwood.
We found the place to pick up our tickets rather easily, considering the throngs of people, and the security guards blocking off major portions of the block leading towards the theaters. There was no line at all, and we got our tickets with assigned seats.
As we went to cross the street, a security guard checked our tickets, and let us through, much to the envy of the large crowd straining to see people on the red carpet.

Suddenly I realised we're there, right in front of the theater, basically next to the red carpet. For the life of me I couldn't remember who was in the movie (I mean who did the voices) except for Angelina Jolie. The paparazzi were not going nuts, and it was early, at least an hour before the movie was to start, so I could only assume they weren't there yet. We were sent over the movie theater B. I guess that's where all the non actors went, which was fine by us, much less fuss! We picked up our free sodas, popcorn, and cool 3D glasses, found our seats, and settled in.

I won't write too much about the movie itself, as many of my friends actually want to see it, so here is the non spoilerish opinions. My eyes had a hard time at the start, as I kept trying to "refocus" on things that my eyes were telling me were close, even though they weren't. It was kind of annoying. Eventually (after about 20 mins) it stopped, and I was fine, no more focusing issues. I think the movie was beautifully drawn, the characters were interesting, and the fight scenes stellar! Sometimes it looked a little "2D with something behind it". Reminded me a little of a popup book, but mostly that wasn't noticeable.

We left just as the credits started to roll, and beat the bulk of the crowd outside. We crossed teh street, and stopped to watch the people leave theater A. After a short while, the paparazzi started screaming, and it was time for Angeline Jolie and Brad Pitt to leave! They came out across the red carpet, and jumped in a Toyota Prius! Yes.. seriously.. there were big huge limo's lining the street, and they got into a Prius. Besides the fact it had blacked out windows, it looked pretty stock standard.

I want to thank Brian for so kindly inviting me to go along, it was a very memorable event, and one I was glad to have been at!

Now onto the _really_ interesting stuff.. Error handling!!

Actually.. I'll post about that later ;)

BFN

No comments: