Monday, November 5, 2007

The pumpkin collapse

I knew the pumpkins wouldn't last long, but I was shocked to discover yesterday as I was tidying up for Rover to do his thing (the Roomba) that Loui's pumpkin was leaking. Upon closer inspection, the entire inside was covered in mold, and it was collapsing in on itself, while excreting some kind of clear liquid.

I promptly brought over the garbage, and slid the now squishy, almost completely collapsed pumpkin in. Not until I disturbed the pumpkin did I get a whiff of the smell! EWWWW!

Even though my pumpkin had yet to start this downhill slide, I threw it out as well. We carved pumpkins on Wednesday, and by Sunday it was moldy and rotten. That was a TON faster than I expected!

Tonight is the premiere of Beowulf the movie! My friend Brian (link over there on the right) got us tickets to the premiere event in Westwood, so I'm really looking forward to that this evening.

Right now my day pretty much consists of error handling. I've been extremely lax with this in the past, sort of crossing my fingers and hoping it wouldn't happen to me. Well it happened, and a little too publicly for my tastes. Today I hope to implement my error functions, and bring the ugly errors to a standstill (at least on live servers).

JoY!

BFN

2 comments:

Prunella said...

EUUUUUUWWW. Next time, if you wad up some paper and light it on fire inside of the pumpkin. That helps cauterize the flesh and they rot much slower. Live & learn! :-)

Unknown said...

Well.. now I know for next year! I also have been told since by two different people that we ought to have roasted our pumpkin seeds. Sounds like another thing to remember for next year!