Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Intermittent errors with blogspot.. might be time to change

For the last couple weeks I've been having some weird problems with blogspot. At first I thought it was because I was uploading images too large, but I've had different problems on things other than images. Mostly formatting, and comments disappearing/reappearing.

I turned on moderating the comments because of spam. At first it worked well, but now it seems to be messing with them (as Kristen noticed too).

I've setup other blogs I've written using wordpress, and have been considering the "move". I have my own hosting for my personal sites, but I'm not sure I'd be able to post so many large images to it. Along with the hiatus, which means I will be posting less stuff about Stargate, and more stuff about *snore* programming! Perhaps I'll wait until the Summer to move the blog.

Working on an exciting side project which has pushed my other side projects to the.. side.. It's not my idea to share (wish I could think up neato stuff like this), but I'll post a link to the beta once it's ready. I am imagining that this will take loads of my free time over the coming weeks, but am looking forward to seeing something working, since Stargate is so quiet!

I've been enjoying reading lots of fan fic, as I imagine it (along with Little McKay's YouTube offerings) will be keeping me sane until Stargate comes back. Current favorite (and awaiting the next chapter!) is called "The Enemy You Know" by Padawan Aneiki. Cool stuff!

Some Comments:
Thanks to everyone to clarify the ownership of the guitar. I was too lazy to go back and look through JM's blog, although I was sure I'd seen it there before. You guys have great memories!
Little McKay: Sadly no free DVD's.. actually I've never gotten any free, but we do get a deep discount a couple months later when we buy them from a special list from Fox. Loui is too impatient, so I think I'll be stopping by the shops on the way home to pick it up for him. Yay on your new script ;) I'll look forward to watching.

Eris: Sadly I have no pics except what's on stargate.mgm.com from BAMSR. I do have some photo's of Torri from the first two episodes, but nothing behind the scenes sadly!

lysambre: Welcome! I just realised that you're right! Martin Gero says it on the video for the super fan contest right?

BFN

7 comments:

Little McKay said...

Well I hope you enjoy Ark Of Truth irregardless of having to pay full price.

I have my main blog on myspace and although I've tried to move many times it's hard because you feel like you're losing a lot of your audience. Good luck whatever you decide. I'm sure many of us will follow on.

Here's a little sad thing I was thinking in relation to TLM:

When alt-Weir was in stasis she aged to at LEAST 100. She was in stasis for 10,000 years. This means that she aged at a rate of roughly 0.0065 years per year. So when converted to account for Shep's 700 years in stasis this means he SHOULD have aged by at least 4.5 years, perhaps more - alt-Weir was at LEAST 100 remember. And still no hint of a grey hair, or receeding. Man, that Shep has good genes ;).

Does anyone else have the comic guy from The Simpsons voice running through that above ramble? :P

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the spam. Ah, the joys of the internet ;)

Several of my friends use Wordpress and seem to like it quite a bit, so it might be worth looking into. I must admit I'm no programming whiz, so went with LiveJournal and have had fun with it.

Love the photos of old ROdney. Every time I see them, I think, gee, Rodney, your homemade sunscreen didn't work ;)

Anonymous said...

@little_mckay Ahhh but you see Weir was in Stasis but Sheppard is in Deep Freeze (Like Carson). My understanding is that Stasis slows things down, hence the very slow but still aging, while the Deep Freeze just stops everything, hence the no aging.
Mind you I might have it wrong, but that's how I see it ;).

Thanks for the welcome Jeni :D

Anonymous said...

I'm on LiveJournal as well...have made some good SGA friends there, and there's some good fanfic communities too that you might be interested in. :)

Speaking of which, thank you! *blush* I'm workin' on Chap. 4, honest!!

*chuckles @ elyse's comment on the homemade sunscreen* LOL

Little McKay said...

@lysambre I was sure they were one and the same- deep freeze/stasis. Remember freezing slows down, not stops. Food can and does still go off in a freezer :P.

Guess I'll have to check both eps again. Oh no!!! *she says with sarcasm dripping profusely*

Veuillez m'excuser un moment mais passer cette fois ici m'a fait se rend compte combien de temps il a été depuis que j'ai eu un poo vraiment grand.

:P hehe.

Anonymous said...

@little_mckay Oh I'm sorry I'm forcing you to watch those episodes again (*snickers* yeah, right ! :D)

Once you do though I'd like to know ;) (because honestly I can't remember, and I like to know when/if I'm in the wrong).

If you are right, and we ask the writers about it, they will probably say something along the lines of : well he did age 4.5 years, but you can't really see it because : 1. Shep has the best genes ever (like you said); 2. Todd made a slight mistake and gave him back 4.5 years too much back in "Common Ground", so all is even now !; 3. Whatever, we don't care about it, find your own explanation ! :D

Anonymous said...

oops forgot my ps so

PS : Nice french touch ! hehehe