Monday, March 10, 2008

Tomorrow is The Ark of Truth day!

My BF Loui asked me over the weekend if I will be able to get a copy of "the Ark of Truth" from work tomorrow. He informed me that if I wasn't able to supply it, he would be force to go and purchase it!

I am pretty sure I won't be able to get one from work tomorrow, so I'll have to give my money to Fox, and buy it retail. If Loui could wait just a couple weeks, I could get it.. oh well! I shouldn't really hassle him, since I've had the opportunity to watch it already.

Other SciFi will have to tide me over the next couple months. I'm not sure how long is left of Torchwood this year? I was thinking it was the end of the season, because people kept dying.
Dr Who is supposed to start up again soon right? I feel like it's been a while since I saw any new episodes.

Sadly I've still found no confirmation here or elsewhere when Season 5 will air. People keep hinting Summer, but I can't get anyone to officially admit it. The ads during "The Last Man" said July right? I wonder why there is no word from SciFi channel on it.

On the guitar and chairs picture from last week, honestly I don't know who's guitar it is. I just assumed it was JF's since it was on his chair. Although Elyse you are probably right, that looks like Jason's aumakua (sp?).

archimedes: I'm so sorry to hear about your accident? I hope everyone is OK!

Little McKay: I have no specific requests.. you already seem to have it down, so I'll watch everything you can offer up. The rap sounds very cool! I doubt you'd get in trouble, since your stuff doesn't use copyrighted materials, and it's so darn original. It's very sad that you aren't able to enter the super fan contest, I think you'd give people who live in America a run for their money. It's mostly legal issues as to why the contests are only open to people here. Every country has different and sometimes complex laws regarding contests. Due to marketing budget limitations, they market only locally. Fox does some things specifically for the UK, not sure if they do anything for other countries through. They do the DVD distribution for MGM.
First thing I noticed about the picture with the chairs and guitar was how much smaller JF's chair is.. wonder why?

Ina: Welcome to my little blog, nice to meet you! I wanted so badly to post that image of JF on Friday, but it was before "The Last Man" so I had to edit out the rest of the photo.

Elyse: So um.. yeah I think I used your poll idea again this week.. Thanks!!

Results of last week's poll:
What do you think of Beckett's return to Atlantis?

  • It's Great! - 65% - 11535
  • Meh. - 16% - 2852
  • Huh? I thought he was dead! - 19% - 3404
Very much in the positive. Thanks for the question idea Elyse!

Our traffic stats for the Stargate site are looking very positive. This last week was our highest traffic ever! The traffic will drop off now until Season 5 starts, but I think it's very good, and hopefully we've been doing the right stuff to attract fans and fans to be alike over the past (almost) year that my team has been working on it.

I read some posts on Gateworld about the Season 4 ratings, and have been much relieved. We held a small "pool" here to guess the rating for Season 4 premiere, and unfortunately I lost, my guess was a lot higher than it ended up. Looks like the back half of the season did much better in the ratings, I hope that bodes well for a possible Season 6.

No images today, blogspot is giving me grief (errors).

BFN

7 comments:

Purloined Kitten said...

Just so you know the Guitar is Joe's. Jason Momoa gave it to him with he Momoa Family crest on it.

Or at least that's according to Joe Mallozzi's blog from a few months back.

Anonymous said...

To add to the purloined kitten's comment on Joe's guitar, I believe there are also pics of Joe with the guitar over on Mallozzi's blog. I think it was pretty close to the end of filming for Season 4, so about September or early October, for anyone who's looking.

Jeni, thanks for posting all these great behind-the-scenes pictures! Do you have any more of Torri Higginson? Hopefully of her in that awesome leather jacket from the cameo scene in "Be All My Sins Remember'd," but heck, pics from any of her episodes are good, since we're probably never going to see Torri on Atlantis again. *cries*

Anonymous said...

Alas, the July date for SGA was mentioned on Skiffy's blog and then vanished the next day as if someone went "eegads, don't post that yet!" Hmm, I don't recall hearing 'July' during any ads on "Last Man," and silly me records the show and deletes the pesky ads...

I'm hoping DOCTOR WHO starts up again as that's my second favorite scifi show on Skiffy.

Re the guitar. Guess I'll have to go back and find pictures of Jason and his guitar, and Joe and his guitar, but that's definitely Jason's shark aumakua (yup, correct spelling). :)

Oh wow, my poll idea was used! :D

Anonymous said...

ops. As Purloined Kitten said, yup, it is Joe's guitar (found the post mentioned at http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2007/10/03/october-3-2007/) (that'll teach me to stop staring at photos of David Nykl on that entry ;) . The 'family crest' is their aumakua - or guardian spirit - really, and their is the shark.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, yes the wait to Season 5 shall be long and torturous, particularly after the Shep-whumpy looking picture on his blog entry today!!

I'm right with you on being glad of the higher ratings as the season went along and here's to hoping for a Season 6!! :D

*smacks blogspot for being evil* lol We want our pictures, spoiled brats that we are!!! ;)

Little McKay said...

Working on a new script now! Yeah, people are gonna be sad when season 5 starts and we stop/slow down (I wish! HA!).

Our next vid is actually a continuation from The Last Man :).

We can't use REAL Atlantis backgrounds (copyright, I know) but my mate's gonna work on some drawings. Where there's a will... lol.

Man, you guys are lucky! Ark Of Truth doesn't get released on DVD here until April. However, it should screen on Sky One for around 27th (or maybe 24th) of March. However, I can't get that channel for love nor money!!!

RE. The Superfan contest. MGM was also behind the superfan contest on youtube and that was international! It's prob to do with the prize, I guess, but heck if I won I'd pay to travel to Vancouver myself!! :P

P.S. I'm not angry I can't enter, I just sometimes hate that I had to get myself adopted over to a country where I've felt insanely detached from everything I wanna do and love! *cue Mr. Pink's mini violin* ;).

Anonymous said...

"I don't know who's guitar it is. I just assumed it was JF's since it was on his chair. Although Elyse you are probably right, that looks like Jason's aumakua (sp?)."

The guitar is JF's, and Jason's 'tatoo' is on it because he wanted to give a little 'souvenir' to JF ;). (I can't remember where I've read/heard that, but I'm sure I did lol)

This is my first tme commenting on your blog, althoug I've been reading it for quite some time, so in any case I wanted to thank you for giving us one more look into Stargate so regularly, it's appreciated :)

As for the July date, even Martin Gero said so on his vid, so I'm thinking they had news from Sci-fi (?)