Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Data move has begun!

Yesterday afternoon I finally finished the transfer tool. This morning I showed Nancy how to use it, so in theory.. in a couple weeks.. all of the data should be in the new database!
Now onto more exciting projects, such as writing a new administration site to manage all that data. Woot. Another tool will have to be written to handle any/all mistakes that happen in the original transfer. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Nothing else too interesting this week, because we don't want to be going live with any great code changes before our long weekend. We get off at 1pm on Friday, and won't be back until Tuesday.

I love all the poll suggestions, and have passed them onto Nancy. That should keep it going at least until end of season! Sadly all things Stargate will go quiet for us after end of season until the Summer. That is both good and bad, as we have so many other projects it will give us time to play catch up. American Gladiators is still a big focus, but I just can't care about it so much...

Beaniesheppard mentioned a problem with the DVD sleeves and a promotion on the UK site last week, and I was able to pass on the issue to the right person! It should be working now for anyone who's had trouble using the site up until now. Thanks to Beanniesheppard for letting me know about it!



8 comments:

morjana said...

Hi, Jeni.

Thank you for the lovely photos!

GASP! I'll go through withdrawal TWICE at the end of the season then. No more episodes for the season and no more updates at MGM Stargate! ACK!

(Note to self: the Library is my friend, Books are GOOD!]

Recently, when I've gone to either of the SGA/SGA sections at MGM Stargate (just the separate section, and NOT the video site), I get this error message:

MIME TYPE CONFIGURATION

Some of the MIME types previously associated with the QuickTime plugin are currently associted with other applications. Should I [the computer I] restore these MIME type associatations to QuickTime?

If I click on either NO or YES...my computer lock ups!

So, I've been clicking on the X in the upper right corner.

If this information helps, I have a Dell XPS 210 computer, with Windows Home Vista O/S, and I'm using IE7 (I know, I know, but I've found that Netscape and Firefox have about the same amount of wiggy problems that IE has...)

Just thought I'd let you know...as I have NO CLUE what that error message means.

Thanks, Jeni.

Morjana

morjana said...

Hi, Jeni!

OH - LOL!

Shep bet on the Ronon/Teal'c fight in Midway!

I wonder who he picked to win?

:)

Now there's a poll for MGM Stargate!

LOL!

Morjana

Anji KJ said...

I'm just glad it's sorted, hopefully for everyone now. =)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I know its sad that the season is winding down, but we still have four episodes to go!

I'm going to be shallow and say I adore both pictures! I love seeing poor John being dragged away and then the wonderful picture of Chuck and Sheppard doing the betting thing! Can't wait for that scene!

Anonymous said...

Great photos, and I'm so glad you posted the money shot, that is, Sheppard counting his winnings. I couldn't quite tell from the smaller shot of this image what currency he had in his hands; however, I am rather partial to the Wraith drone taking out the trash, er, dragging Sheppard off ;) That shot is gonna be a fan favorite with the whumpers.

Enjoy the long weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

ACK!!! Ohhh my...those pics just have me anxious for Friday night as I have a slower-than-slow dialup connection still, and don't mess with iTunes for just that reason. *sigh* 48 LONG HOURS!! ;)

But it looks good!!

Hope all's well in your corner. :)

Anonymous said...

BAHAHAHA!!! Great photos Jeni!!

That first one needs a caption...

WRAITH: "Wonder if this'll be over the baggage limit for this flight?"

Hope you had/have a happy valentine's day! I sure did!