Monday, February 4, 2008

Timing is everything

People on my team switched out an image on the stargate site today. The change was subtle, but it was really all about the timing. We had planned to make the change today, because of news that was supposed to be released today. Unfortunately it came out early, last Thursday I think.. so we're slow again!

See if you can spot the difference? ;)

Much discussion today about writing documentation for vendors (people who write micro sites for our movies) so they can know what platform we run, how they can login, what we expect of them. I wish this didn't always automatically fall to me, but apparently I know more than most about what vendors should know, and about the mistakes they always make. I hate writing docs.. seriously hate it!

MGM HD website changes are in the works, tomorrow TPTB meet to talk about the future of the site. Apparently they want a site that appeals to business in a way that business will think it will appeal to consumers. That's a spec? great stuff!

Sunday Loui and I went to "The Star Trek Tour" at the Queen Mary Dome in Long Beach. It was an _awesome_ day out, and we had so much fun! I was so pleased that they had not only the TNG bridge (of which I'd already posed on a version in Las Vegas) but also the TOS bridge, as well as a mock version of the TNG engineering. Another favourite spot was a hallway containing a transporter room, quarters, medical and turbo lift from TNG.
We were in trekkie heaven, and luckily I am clueless about American Football, so I'd bought the tickets for Super Bowl Sunday! We had the place to ourselves (practically).

Lots of fun, and that's where today's photo's are from! If you love Star Trek as much as me, you'll see more pictures over at my site (jeninason.com)


Loui at the controls


What does this button do?


Inertial Dampers offline?!?!

BFN

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you're talking about the news about Amanda Tapping moving over to Sanctuary (apparently there is still another press release SciFi will send out tomorrow about who is taking her place on the show)....

but you swapped out an image...? I see the TRIO ad (and so nice to see the People's Choice Awards mentioned), um, new TRIO images... and, um, is Carter now on the outside (far right) on the main photo, instead of inside?

Just taking a stab in the dark on that.

crownglass39 said...

Those Star Trek photos are awesome!
I am SO jealous!

morjana said...

Hi, Jeni!

Cool photos at the Trek exhibition. I'm a card carrying Trekkie from WAYYYY back. I was fortunate to see the Trek exhibition at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in '92, and it was awesome too.

Hmmm, I have pictures of that display, I'll have to scan them and upload them...in my spare time of course. :)

Thanks so much for sharing your photos.

Oh yeah, I noticed the change over at MGM Stargate. Interesting...thanks for fixing the shoulder patch on Keller too!

Best wishes, Morjana

Anonymous said...

You do have a cool job, must admit. :)

The Trek thing is way cool...looks like you had a lotta fun. :)

John said...

LOVE the pic of you & Lou in the transporter -- it looks like you are floating!