Thursday, February 28, 2008

The sun did rise today!

I chatted with my father yesterday, and as he assured me then, the sun did rise today. His advice was similar to most of your comments, document, document, document (for when everything all goes pear shaped).

One of our team mates (Deb) took us out for coffee this morning as a nicer way to start the day. The coffee was great! Seeing Val Kilmer sitting near us outside the Starbucks was pretty special too. He's very attractive in person. Some people don't look as good off screen as on, but he does.

My boss pointed out a very interesting article in Wired magazine this month.
Dear Hollywood Studios talks about problems with selling movies and TV online, and how it relates to the way Studio's handle it all.

I procured a couple words on The Big Word Project. Jenny and Gate. They both point to jeninason.com, then I put in a referrer check at jeninason.com which sends them onto (for now) my blog. Just wanted to be sure I pointed them to a URL I'd own in the future.. since I don't think my blog will be here forever. Here is the quickie code for my own future reference!

$pos = strrpos($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], "thebigwordproject");

if ($pos === false) {
// not found... stay here
} else {
header("location:http://jeninason.blogspot.com");
}


I had a very strange thing happen yesterday at lunchtime when I was at the mall across the street from work with my friend Deb. I didn't mention it in my blog yesterday.. because my day was just so fubar I couldn't process what a strange thing it was. We walked into the Macy's, and went to the section where we usually get (or try to get in our sizes) the jeans we like. They weren't there! As usual Macy's had rearranged everything, and we turned to go look in other parts of the store, when I stopped and looked right, then looked back to my left where Deb had been walking, and there was a woman standing next to me. She turned to me and started screaming at me. It was the most bizarre thing. She was yelling about me "loitering" in Macy's, about me stopping too close to her, standing in her way, and generally being a very nasty person. The oddest part of it was she had a cat on her shoulder! A live cat.. on a lease, but perched on her shoulder like a parrot. Having no idea how to react, I just started laughing at her. I had to assume she was joking for some reason, as I'd never seen her before in my life. The sales associates just stood there and stared. Deb and I started to walk away, with the woman screaming after me, ranting about something or other. We left the store and came back to work. The only thing about the incident that bothered me was that the staff didn't do anything at all. They should have at least called security, or come and asked if there was a problem. I emailed the Macy's feedback address and explained what happened. They have offered me a gift card, but I sure as hell won't be going back to that store in a hurry! Besides the fact that I don't think they sell the jeans I was looking for anymore.

Sorry about the ramble today! Lots of topics, but none Stargate related I'm afraid!

BFN



9 comments:

morjana said...

Hi, Jeni!

Scary Macy's shopping trip story. Only in LA! LOL!

And Val Kilmer! Woo-hoo! :)

That's what is also so great about living in Calif -- ALL the actors! Even here in Sacramento, you run into actors -- every now and then.

Thank you for the photos. Kavan Smith! Thud! Joe Flanigan! Thud!

Hope TOMORROW is spectacular for you...and then we have Kindred Part 2 to enjoy!

Morjana

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah!!! I've always thought Val Kilmer was hawt hawt HAWT!! Lucky you! Star spotting must be nice!

Glad to hear you're feeling more positive as well. Wish I could say the same for me - having a hard time in the relationship department... :(

But pics of Joe and Kavan have a way of lifting any depression! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah!!! I've always thought Val Kilmer was hawt hawt HAWT!! Lucky you! Star spotting must be nice!

Glad to hear you're feeling more positive as well. Wish I could say the same for me - having a hard time in the relationship department... :(

But pics of Joe and Kavan have a way of lifting any depression! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, who needs new jeans when you've got hot new pics of JF and KS like that????

;) Seriously, that was pretty freaky. *feels bad for the cat*

And coffee is always a nice way to start the day...Starbuck's White Mocha...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about crazy people at Macy's. Once at Wal-Mart an old guy walked up to my husband and starting asking him how old his shoes were and telling him he had shoes older than he was. People are... just crazy sometimes.

I say take the gift card! Then use it online.

When were cats allowed in department stores anyway?? The mind boggles.

Anonymous said...

Hate to say it, but closing mental institutions was a BAD idea...some people really need to be looked after, not just allowed loose on the streets to fend for themselves. I pity the poor old chook and the old dude in talula's comment. At least the institutions were there to make sure they TOOK their meds...

Anonymous said...

Sorry if it's doing dodgy double posts, jeni...this dumb 'choose an identity' thing flips you from one site to another and confused the heck outa me when it 'disappeared' my comment!!

Anonymous said...

There is nothing more bizarre than whacko shoppers. Years ago, I was in a Toronto record store (that's how long ago it was, CDs were sorta new then) and I was just minding my own business when some teenage girl came up to me and insisted that my jacket was "TOO loud" (as in color). I was like "Huh?"" and she wandered off hapzardly, making me things, geez, is she on drugs or what?

Photos are, of course, gratefully glommed on and saved to my hard drive :)

However, at least the Starbucks experience made up for it :) I have yet to see any actors getting coffee (although a friend ran into Joey 'Pants' Pantiliono at Starbucks and said that the way he was bouncing around, the last thing he needed was caffeine!;)

Good news. The weekend is nearly here!

Anonymous said...

Jeni,

Thanks so much for the pics of our two gorgeous boys, Sheppard and Lorne. You're the best!

Rose