Friday, February 29, 2008

TGIF, outlook good

Haven't had any increase in traffic from buying those words yesterday. Oh well! Still cute.

Stargate tonight! Can't wait to see more of our favorite Scottish doctor. Getting sad that there are only two episodes left! The wait until next season is going to be torture.

A new promotion goes up on Stargate on Monday, and another promotion will be announced which starts later in the week. That will mean we have 3 running at the same time (Unlock the Gate runs for two more weeks until end of season). Since my work has been partially on hold, awaiting the new server setup, and design to come through, I personally stuffed the 100 envelopes for the promotion starting on Monday. Don't want to "scoop" the site, so will post more about it on Monday once it's announced.

I really need to start getting ready to move. Once we get our tax returns we plan to find a new place over here on the west side, or in the valley close to the 405. The drive to and from work has been doing my head in. I get overly frustrated by the tiniest thing on the road, and know the longer I drive so much, the better chance of getting into an accident. At the speeds I travel at on the freeway, most likely I'd scratch the bumper, but I just don't want to get into an accident at all! I've started to dread leaving work in the evening.. knowing I have an hour and a half ahead of me sitting in my car, letting the brake off every so often to roll a foot further forward.

A video editor here working on American Gladiators showed us a most hilarious music video he was in back in the early 90's. It's just a priceless slice of life in Los Angeles in the early 90's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IgXgmLqn5o
Our work mate is driving the car in the video, and playing basketball, wearing white shorts. It gave us all something to chuckle about today!

How about something Stargate flavored.. some photo's!



Guess who McKay just spotted in the above pic?



BFN

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Stargate flavored is yummy indeed. ;)

*nods* Looking forward to more Carson as well...YAY!

And I can't say that I blame you for wanting to get away from all that traffic. Out here, a "traffic jam" is 5 cars stuck behind somebody's tractor!

morjana said...

Hi, Jeni.

My sympathies with you on the commute experience. Been there, done that. But at least it wasn't in LA! :)

(Although, the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge during commute time is no picnic itself!)

Why do I have a feeling I'm going to be very busy next week! LOL!

Thank YOU again for the lovely photos. Very nice.

Have a great weekend, Jeni.

Morjana

Little McKay said...

Hmm was the peanut butter just a little TOO chunky that day the Hewlett pic was taken? Ouch!

Counting down to Kindred part 2 - 18 minutes - OHHHHH!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, silly question on why McKay looks so freaked - he's encountered fanfic writers! ;)

Yeah, commuting is basically hell on earth these days. While you crawl, I get stuck on two highways - one is a free-for-all dodge the morons in the Audios doing 80mph in a 55 zone, and then blend into a bigger highway which is more like yours - crawling at a snail's pace, and just chockful of SUV drivers yakking on cellphones or texting. Aieee...

It was marvelous to see Carson back on the show.

Hmm, more promotions, eh? I keep entering but never win. If only... and very nice selection of pictures of the guys :):)

archersangel said...

Elyse said...

Oh, silly question on why McKay looks so freaked - he's encountered fanfic writers! ;)

LOL!

nice pictures BTW

Anonymous said...

Ah, the SGA frisbees, er, flingers are up on the MGM site. Cool! If I win, I vow not to let the dog sink his teeth into it ;)