Friday, February 15, 2008

Quick half day, farewell freelancers

Today is a half day, because Monday is a holiday. Yep.. we get a half day off before a public holiday. Nice! I get to go home, clean up for girl's poker night.
Tomorrow is taxes and hair. Sunday is helping Steger move. Monday Loui and I are going back to the "Star Trek Tour" as I won those free tickets.
My boss and I went over the DB design for the new CM, and looks like it's done! That means next week I'll be writing the admin site. Had some minor snafu's on MGM HD that got resolved today.. something to do with css that Steger took care of, and my mistake (meant > not >=).

Was reminded today of the fibonacci sequence, and the golden ratio. This was all in a discussion about Reese's peanut butter cups. How they are like the golden ratio. Problems occur when they upset this ratio by changing the shapes (like the heart shaped ones for Valentine's Day), or by making them smaller. Fascinating stuff! Will try and represent that in a mathematical way over the weekend.

Pushed live the new weekly "game" on the Stargate site. I hate the game.. I usually have to test the darn thing, and always before I've seen the episode.. spoiled again. Luckily today's wasn't so, as I've already seen Midway!

Hopefully in the coming weeks our theatrical slate will bulk up. It's looking very anemic since the Writer's Strike. At the moment we've got nothing until Valkyrie in the fall. Some fabulous titles such as "cutting edge 3", and "species 4" however will be appearing on a tv screen sometime soon.

Up until today we had two freelancers working with our team as we have been short staffed. Today was their last day, so we all went across the street and had some gelato to mark the occasion (bought by our boss, sweet huh?). Our team will be down to 6 including email marketing manager, and our boss. Yikes.

Ah look at the time, it's 1.15pm, I should go home!

BFN



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've actually got a question about the weekly Stargate games. When a new game goes up on the site, the previous week's game is no longer available. Will all of the games be accessible to visitors when Season 4 finishes airing? I've missed a couple of them... they're mildly amusing, and the little character avatars are so cute! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Actually the games are all still there, you just have to know the url to get to them. They are named like this: stargategame15.html etc. So if you browse to http://stargate.mgm.com/games/stargategame15.html you can play them. Just replace the 15 with the episode number. Single digits don't have a leading zero.
At some point there was talk about making a page to link to them, but it never got made.

Cheers,

--Jeni

morjana said...

Hi, Jeni.

Have fun at the Star Trek Tour again. (I've got to scan those photos of the Star Trek exhibition at the Air & Space Museum. Whack! Ten lashes with a wet noodle.)

Thank you for the photos today. Woo-hoo!

I'm SOOOO looking forward to Midway tonight.

I miss Teal'c in NEW episodes.

Sniff.

Have a great LONG weekend, Jeni.

And Happy President's Day.

Morjana

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Ohh, that photo makes me just look forward to tonight's Midway airing that much more!!!

:) and of course, a little JF isn't a bad thing to look at either. ;)

Have a nice long weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Half a day? Darn. had to work a full day and get stuck in awful pre-holiday traffic.

The People's Choice Awards video is loads of fun. I can't imagine what it must be like to spend time with David Hewlett and his sense of humor.

And yes, as usual, mucho big thanks for the photos :)

Anonymous said...

hi Jeni,

just wanted to say thank you for all the pics, they're awesome! now I'm really excited about Midway. hope you have fun at the Star Trek Tour :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I haven't thought about the Fibonacci sequence in months! And I'd certainly never considered it with regard to Reese's cups. . .probably because my lust for chocolate/peanut butter overwhelms any sense of logic I might possess. LOL

Thanks for the photos--escpecially from the sparring match! Loved the relationship that formed between Teal'c and Ronon in Midway. Heck, loved Midway. I'm easy. . .but we knew this. ;-)

Have fun Monday!

Jacqui
. . .who is suffering severe Zelenka-Withdrawals.

Anonymous said...

Jeni,

Thanks for the info about the games; I appreciate it! :)

Unknown said...

You got a half day!! Hoped you enjoyed it...thanks for the photos again!

I LOVED Midway.....my long, flaily review is on my LJ.

Have fun this weekend.

crownglass39 said...

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Jeni,

I've checked on the games; all of the ones that have been put up so far are there (yay!) except for the first one ("Adrift"). The link http://stargate.mgm.com/games/stargategame1.html automatically redirects me to the MGM main site. Eeeek! Thought you might want to know. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, just a niggling post. Is there a way for the KINDRED trailer on the MGM site to be reposted in a less-than-dark version? While it makes me nostalgic for the local theater which could never light movies properly, it's sorta hard to see ;)

Thanks!

Unknown said...

@anonymous above.

The link is actually:
http://stargate.mgm.com/games/stargategame.html

We (Jeni and I) started the # system with the second one. Sorry for the confusion!

-Steger

Unknown said...

See? Without the whole team.. each of us is almost helpless ;) Thanks Steger, I honestly couldn't remember how to get to the first game, and figured I'd make a page on Tuesday. Luckily Steger has a better memory than I!

:D

--Jeni

Anonymous said...

OOh, new not so dark KINDRED promo video. Thanks!! :)

Now I can cap and *cough* rewrite ;)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for the correct link for the game, Steger!

Still think there ought to be a main page to link to all the games... since not everyone knows to come here and ask for help! :)