Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Finally a press release is released!

What a relief that that release is finally out on SciFi. I had heard about the cast changes a couple months ago (not all the changes) in passing, and have been bursting to talk about it ever since!

I could see Amanda Tapping wanting to leave for Sanctuary, but Woolsey! I love Robert Picardo, but to me he'll always be an emergency medical hologram. His character on SG-1 was very unpleasant, and he didn't improve much coming to Atlantis at all. I read in Joe Mallozzi's blog that he points out that McKay was really unpleasant at the start too. Does this mean they will try and "makeover" Woolsey? That would be strange after all this time. Excited to see Michael Shanks, even if it's just for two episodes.

Not too much going on today, more dreary transfer tool stuff for mgm.com data. Updated home page for Stargate so that one of the sub banners rotates out with other images and links from the administration site like the old header used to do (before it was made using flash). Yesterday Amanda Tapping was moved in the header to the side, and made slightly smaller. I really don't understand all the rules and contract agreements about head size, billing order and such. The reason why Jewel had been flipped in the header was in the attempt to get them all to fit, all with the same "head" size. Yes.. That's the criteria.. same head size. *shakes head* Nothing gets marketing teams into a tizzy as much as billing.

I'd love to see your Star Trek pics Morjana! I actually just won two free tickets to go back to the Tour. Thinking about taking a day off work and going again.







BFN

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you held out well not to spill the beans on the casting changes! :)

To me, Robert Picardo will always be the doctor from China Beach, but yep, his holographic doctor is pretty memorable.

Ah, I was right. Amanda was reshuffled in the banner. Same head size? Hmm, well, yeah, I read a whole article about font sizes of credits so head size doesn't surprise me.

And very nice pictures. Thanks:)

morjana said...

Hi, Jeni!

Lovely photos, thank you for sharing.

Okay, I'll make my next project scanning and uploading those photos. They are the surviving photos from all my Star Trek memories -- when I moved from the San Francisco Bay Area to Sacramento, my photos went missing. Sob!

Morjana

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on Woolsey...I think there will be some head-butting between him and the team, for sure!

Only thing I wish was for Carson's return to be more than 5 episodes. *sniff* But at the same time, am very happy to *get* those 5 episodes, so I shan't complain (too much). ;)

BTW...my email is padawanar@aol.com if you'd like some fanfic zapped over. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Joe has the newspaper in that shot with the space suits!! I know about the face he reads it all the time, but thats so adorable.

I wrote all about the cast changes on my LJ if you want to read it. Its longish..lol

http://kristen999.livejournal.com/119007.html#cutid1

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Jeni!! Spaceman Shep...*snicker*

I'm with you about the Picardo/holo-doc comparison. Funny how some people can end up being rather typecast...doubly so in sci-fi it seems. But I gave AT a chance in SGA, I will give Picardo a chance too. It depends on the writing after all - the actors always do a good job as long as they've been 'well written'.

I'm rapt that Daniel comes back!! even if it is only two eppys!

crownglass39 said...

I saw Robert Picardo at a con a bazillion years ago at the height of Voyager. I don't know how he really is, but he was a joy to watch. And the man sings. Opera no less.

I can't tell you how pissed I was at TPTB when they had 7of9 wind up with Chakotay. What the hell was that about? Clearly she was meant to be with the Doctor!

Snowstorm here today. I was supposed to teach my very first pole dancing class today. Unfortunately, it got canceled.
Stupid snow.
If you're ever in my neck of the woods, drop me a line. I can teach you a few spins and we can discuss the injustices wrought upon Voyager...

Anonymous said...

You must have been bursting to know the scoop and not be able to talk about it. I think I would have imploded. I think Woolsey opens up all kinds of possibilities for conflict with both Sheppard and McKay and then there is the whole issue of trusting him since he is sent from the IOA.

I love reading your blog, find out all kinds of interesting things, ie head sizes. The kind of info I wouldn't have even thought about. Just hearing about your day to day activities is cool.

Thanks for the pictures. Joe and David N are my kind of astronauts. :) Neat to see the shots from behind the cameras. Thank you.

D